Amazon.com Price: $39.99 (as of 19/01/2022 01:58 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Food & Cooking
Intermediate skill level
Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
A flaky croissant fresh from the oven! Pastry chef Colette Christian will teach you how to create these buttery pastries in your own kitchen.
Some consider authentic, delicious croissants are only found in Paris. Au contraire! Seasoned pastry instructor Colette Christian will teach you how to create buttery, layered French pastries from your own kitchen.
Learn to mix, shape and proof your butter-locked dough, then bake it into exquisite croissants, pain au chocolat and savory pastries filled with ham and swiss or spinach and feta. By the end of the course, not only will you be mindful French terms like mise en place and detrempe, You’ll be able to also learn Colette’s pastry chef secrets that will advance your baking skills as you learn different approaches to the croissant craft.
Enroll now in Classic Croissants at Home and enjoy baking delicious croissants. Bon appetit!
What You’ll be able to Learn
- To make four delicious croissants with common, inexpensive tools
- Colette’s unique home-proofing method for a perfect final product
- A quick and easy method of laminating butter with dough
- Three time-saving points at which you’ll freeze your dough for later
What You’ll be able to Make
- Classic French croissants in two different shapes
- Pain au chocolate, a dessert croissant made with chocolate
- Savory croissants with ham and cheese or spinach and feta filling
What you get:
- 16 HD video lessons with anywhere, anytime access
- Downloadable recipes for sweet and savory croissants
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Answers from Colette and your fellow students in our virtual classroom
The Craftsy Guarantee:
- Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
- Your access never expires
- 100% money back guarantee
- Introduction (6:31)
Meet your instructor and learn to use the Craftsy platform.
- Supplies (24:42)
Go over the tools you wish to have and the ingredients to make some scrumptious croissants.
- Making the Butter Block (13:03)
Learn how to set up your cooking area and make a butter block.
- Making the Dough (19:20)
Get a grip on making and handling your dough.
- Locking in the Butter (19:03)
Get important information about how climate affects your croissants, learn to roll out the down, fold over techniques and locking in your butter.
- Turning (23:16)
Turn your croissants – one, two, three times – to create a perfect pastry.
- Shaping the Dough (19:39)
Shape, trim and roll out your dough like a pro with Colette’s detailed instruction.
- The Chocolate Croissant (16:12)
Get a taste of dessert and learn to make a delicious chocolate croissant.
- Savory Shaping (12:47)
Create savory croissants that include ham and swiss or spinach and feta.
- Proofing the Croissants (13:37)
Learn how to proof your croissants and enjoy a recap on your recipes.
- Baking the Croissants (11:28)
Time to bake! Prep your oven and your croissants with step by step guidance.
- Garnishing Chocolate Croissants (4:17)
Choose from a myriad of delicious garnishes.
- Pastry Chef Secrets 1 (7:53)
Master the art of the use of a dough whisk.
- Pastry Chef Secrets 2 (5:45)
Enjoy making a handmade butter block.
- Pastry Chef Secrets 3 (5:07)
Get the entire information you wish to have about specialized tools to create tasty pastries.
- Pastry Chef Secrets 4 (13:12)
Don’t let anything go to waste! Get tips on how to use your scraps and make delicious mini chocolate croissants.
- Supported OS: Web Browser
Food & Cooking
Intermediate skill level
Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you need
Your access never expires
100% money back guarantee